[TowerTalk] Gizmotchy's

Steve Katz stevek at jmr.com
Thu Apr 9 11:07:36 PDT 2009

Actually, *all* inospherically refracted signals come down with circular polarization; that's been verified lots of times.  This is why when you have both horizontally and vertically polarized antennas, you can watch an ionospheric signal fade on one, switch quickly to the other and catch a peak until that fades, and then switch back to the first one and watch the signal gain strength again.

The ability to switch quickly can be an advantage, it depends on the period of the rotating signal.

WB2WIK/6