[TowerTalk] "Superloop" & other Field Day antennas

Clay W7CE w7ce at curtiss.net
Sat Apr 11 08:26:38 PDT 2009

Does anyone here actually believe that a cage dipole will outperform a
dipole by 5 dB?  For that matter, does anyone actually believe that 2
S-units is even close to 12 dB on most ham rigs.  I'm sure the DX Blaster
cage dipole has a a good SWR bandwidth and it probably radiates just fine,
but there is no way that it has nearly the same gain as a 3 element yagi.  I
avoid manufacturers that make these kinds of outrageous claims like the
plague.  They either have no clue what they are doing or they are engaging
in false advertising.