[TowerTalk] JB Weld

Dennis W0JX w0jx at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 10:33:28 PDT 2009

JB Weld is a wonderful adhesive. It has better tensile strength than most epoxies (listed as 3960 psi on the package). It will adhere to plastics in situations where most other epoxies will not. It will adhere to aluminum tenaciously if the surface is cleaned and roughed up a bit.

However I question its insulation qualities at RF. While the packaging says that it "does not conduct electricity" the packaging also states "The unique J-B Weld formula of liquid steel and compound hardener..."

Therefore, I would avoid using it where a radiating or parasitic element touches the compound itself. However, you could put some kind of appropriate insulating barrier between the J-B Weld compound and the radiating/parasitic element.

Dennis W0JX/8