[TowerTalk] Question on Rohn wind area calculations

Jon M Knodel jknodel at msn.com
Thu Apr 16 02:03:18 PDT 2009

First off, thanks to all those that replied about the AB-105 I was trying to find in Oregon.  I appreciate it.

Do the Rohn wind area capacity numbers just account for antenna area at the top of the tower and already take into account an assumed value for the rotor and mast or do these specs give the max wind load for everything you can put up (rotor, mast and antennas)?  I'm trying to figure out what all I can put up on a future 70' r25g properly guyed.  I'm starting with a 6.1 sf wind area beam and going from there.  Thanks.

Jon N7XW