[TowerTalk] "Stubborn" tower section

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Tue Apr 21 12:33:56 PDT 2009

IMO scrapping a good tower section is a total waste of a couple hundred dollars!

Someone who is putting a tower together for the first time might also want to try "rotating" the stubborn section 120 degrees and try again. There might be one of three alignments that slip together without excessive force.

Also, when I take a tower down, I mark one of the 3 joining legs to help with the reassembly process. I use a can of spray paint and shoot a little color on the junctions as I make my way down the tower before the disassembly.

I would be careful with excessive "lubricating" of the joints. The lubricant can seep out and add to the "slipping factor" when you are climbing the tower.

My mileage varies.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 8