[TowerTalk] Upgraded Plastic Owl

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue Apr 21 23:35:23 PDT 2009

Bill Parry wrote:
> For some reason my family of Harris Hawks like to site on myXM240 at about
> 130 feet. Fortunately they don't like sitting on the flimsy elements and sit
> on the boom instead. I really like those hawks, they are forever killing
> rats, snakes and grackles in my yard and the surrounding fields. I almost
> never have snakes in the yard but I know the hawks find rattlers from time
> to time!
>
> The little ones are also fun to watch. I do keep a 22 around for the
> possums.

You have possums on your antenna at 130'?  I knew the little buggers
were agile, but I gotta see a photo of a row of them hanging from the
antennas. <:-))
No possums on the antennas, but I have a photo of 6 plus Cormorants
setting on my antennas. Now that's a lot of weight.  They too were not
on the elements, but they sure put a bow in the boom truss.

73

Roger (K8RI)