[TowerTalk] K9AY Antenna Question

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Fri Apr 24 18:42:37 PDT 2009

Another antenna that should be considered is the pennant.  I installed and
used a K9AY loop for several contests.  Gary is a great guy and he made very
nice products.  The loop is easily switched and works pretty well with a
good ground.   The pattern is very broad so I see no reason to have three
loops.   The pennant simple to build, it is not ground dependant and it is
the antenna that I currently use at P40A.  I can always hear better with the
pennant on 160m than with my transmit vertical.  The direction cannot be
switched so more than one would have to be built to change directions.
Pennants can also be phased for additional gain.

73,
John