[TowerTalk] AB577

jim Jarvis jimjarvis at optonline.net
Sun Apr 26 17:51:04 PDT 2009

First, for a temporary installation, I would be somewhat leery of
taking that
mast to 75'.   It has spaghetti-like properties when extended that high.
You can do it... but why?

Perhaps you should back up, and define what it is that you're trying to
accomplish.   I would advocate the minimum height necessary.

Secondly,  about the only feasible guy anchor would be a set of
vehicles, if you insisted on erecting it on asphalt, without
disturbing the
surface.   The necessary precautions are obvious.

Are we talking Field Day, here?    50' should be plenty, and life
would be
a lot easier.

N2EA