[TowerTalk] NEC2 - Correcting for element taper on a loaded element?

Scott McClements kc2pih at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 19:45:58 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I was modeling a Cushcraft 402CD loaded 40m yagi. I use Nec-Win Plus
and MultiNEC. I enabled stepped diameter correction in both programs
and noticed that in both programs a taper correction didn't occur. The
output from NEC-Win Plus during the taper correction seemed unhappy
because the element resonated around 11Mhz, but the simulation
frequency range was 7 Mhz.

I am not sure where the taper corrections are derived from in these
two programs, but is there a proper way to do this?

-Scott, WU2X