[TowerTalk] climbing technique

Charlie Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Tue Aug 4 02:22:56 PDT 2009

On 8/4/2009 Bob Smith wrote:

...snip...

> When I talk to people about climbing towers I always tell them " You
> can get killed
> falling 5' or 500'".  However, if your careful and plan how and where you are
> going to climb, have the right equipment and have the ground support
> you NEED for
> the job, everybody will go home happy and 'paid' to climb another day.

...snip...

I don't actually have all that much TOWER climbing experience, but "back when" I used to work the High Iron (worked for a company that built cranes and the like)

As we used to say to remind guys to wear their gear, and use it: "it doesn't matter if it's 30ft, or 300ft, the only difference is how long you fall before you die"

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."
-- Patrick Henry