[TowerTalk] Top Hat Calculator

Dave - AB7E xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Aug 5 15:13:00 PDT 2009

I modeled a top-loaded ground plane 80m vertical (about 42 feet tall with four top hat wires made from Radio Shack aluminum TV mast guy wire) several years ago using EZNEC.  It was dead on and I didn't even need to prune the wires.  Lucky?  Probably.  Still, I'd trust EZNEC to get me pretty darn close for that sort of thing.

73,
Dave   AB7E