[TowerTalk] Source for inexpensive cable

Brad Anbro n9en at charter.net
Thu Aug 6 03:25:20 PDT 2009

Hello T-T'ers,

Thanks to all who replied to my posting about sources for
inexpensive cable sources. Especially a BIG thanks to
the onw who directed me to a website that has exactly
what I need - www.electronicsurplus.com - they have a
#18 AWG, 7-conductor cable that is rated at 600v, which
will work fine for me. I need 2 conductors for my rotator
direction-control relays (CW-CCW) and 5 conductors for
a remote antenna switch.

Awhile back, I was taking some aluminum cans to the
local recycler and I noticed a couple of spools of RG-6
coax laying on the ground. They looked like they'd been
out in the elements for awhile and I asked the (owner) of
the business what he needed for them, as I could use
them for my ham radio hobby.

He was dressed in nice clothes & just got out of his new
pick-up truck; he said $25 each and I told him that I'd
give him $25 for both. But he said no, that wasn't enough.
I told him OK; I didn't need the stuff that badly.

The stuff was going to get scrapped out and with all the
insulation on the coax, it wasn't worth that much as
scrap, anyway. Oh well...

Thanks again to all...

73 de Brad, N9EN @ Radio Free Roscoe (IL) [tm]