[TowerTalk] Resonance is over rated

Jeff Carter towertalk at hidden-valley.com
Fri Aug 7 12:52:13 PDT 2009

I respectfully submit that none of that makes any sense in the context
of a dummy load.

A dummy load isn't resonant, it's resistive.  It's a big ol' resistor
mounted in some sort of heat-dispersing set up.  When the other poster
said he read 55 + j0 he wasn't kidding: The zero part of that means
that it's a resistive measurement.  A negative j (or i, if you're a
math major) means the system is more capacitive, a plus j is more
inductive.  A zero means it's neither from a practical point of view.

Or so they told us in college.

Jeff/KD4RBG