[TowerTalk] As long as the antenna gurus are out...

TGundo 2003 tgundo2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 9 12:16:47 PDT 2009

--- On Sun, 8/9/09, TGundo 2003 <tgundo2003 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: TGundo 2003 <tgundo2003 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] As long as the antenna gurus are out...
To: W4EF at dellroy.com
Cc: "no To-header on input" <unlisted-recipients at contesting.com>
Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 2:12 PM

Thank you all who responded so far! As I exepected, many different responses so far, no single clearcut winner...

Answers to some of the questions asked of me:

The back yard is a retangle, 300ft ish long north to south by 150ft ish east to west. There are trees available in just about every corner, but the ones to the north would get the line up only 30-35 ft. On the south end the trees are 50+ easy, with a couple of 80-90ft pines too. There are a couple shorter trees in the middle as well.

I'd really like to do 20-160m. I have a good vertical for 10-17. Main focus on 40, 80, & 160. For right now I am more intrested in local and lower 48. This is just the start, some day there will be towers, but right now the wire is what I have.

I am a casual contester, will work one for a few hours just for the joy of making contacts. More
 often I like to ragchew with the locals & be ready for any emergency. Of course, I havent had a lowband station at the house in 5 years, been focusing on UHF repeater work. Having the lowband station again may change what i get into!

So, with the space I described above, the requirements mentioned, a couple of 550+ chunks of #9 copperweld, and my labor. What would you do?

Thanks!

Tom
W9SRV