[TowerTalk] weatherproof plastic enclosures

Larry lknain at nc.rr.com
Fri Aug 14 04:27:07 PDT 2009

FWIW

I have used NEMA4X fiberglass boxes for many years at the top of the tower.
I use the
gasketted, hinged cover with captive screws type box. They work very well
and have survived
several years of sun, hurricanes, some snow, etc without problem or leaking
(I checked for leaks
AFTER the hurricanes!).  Earlier this Spring I picked up another box
(10x8x5.75) for about $50 after
looking at the boxes at Lowe's and Home Depot. I ordered this latest box
online through
Solutions Direct (CA) and the box was drop shipped from Ohio (I think)
arriving in about 4 days
(UPS ground to NC)..

Force 12 uses a similar type box for its relay boxes.

Larry  W6NWS