[TowerTalk] Battle of the bearings

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun Aug 16 09:09:29 PDT 2009

The rotator has a bearing which should suffice in most installations and
there are no one bearing fulcrum installations unless the rotator is mounted
above the tower.  If the rotator bearing is inadequate, perhaps one should
invest in a larger rotator.  I would be more concerned about the upper
bearing.  I tried using a Rohn TB-3 bearing once, the first one that I
purchased did not  turn freely by hand and I returned it for replacement.
The replacement got tight after several months in Aruba and I switched to
another manufacture's bearing.

John KK9A