[TowerTalk] For Chrome Moly and tower/wind load experts out there - Mountain top tower installation

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun Aug 16 19:15:22 PDT 2009

I doubt there's much difference in strength between the 2dia x 1/4 wall and
the 2.5dia x 1/8 wall mast, however you can calculate this yourself using
any mast software.  K7LXC sells a product for this and there are also a few
free programs on the internet.    If a reasonable sized mast does not
provide the strength that you need,  you could always use a tower ring
rotator and mount one of the antennas directly on the tower or use a single
beam that will cover all of the bands that you desire.

I'm not sure what protection adding a lightning rod on top of your tower
will provide as all of the energy will still go through your tower will be
induced into anything nearby.

John KK9A