[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 and relatively large Tribanders

Tim N9PUZ tim.n9puz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 06:39:20 PDT 2009

Bill Parry wrote:

> ... I bought the Rohn catalogue and it was my bible for guy points,
> and the concrete base.

No matter if you are doing the work yourself or hiring professional
help I think that having the manufacturer's data and specs available
is simply a 'must have' for a good tower project. There's too much at
risk in terms of potential damage to property and life to not know
what the manufacturer recommends for an installation of the tower
model, height, etc.

I know there are some very knowledgeable amateurs and professionals
here but I cringe anytime I read a message where someone says "I'm
going to put up xx tower at a certain height. Do you think I should
guy it? Do I really need all that concrete? ...etc."

My $0.02

Tim, N9PUZ