[TowerTalk] inductance of tubing vs bar or strip

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Aug 18 14:08:29 PDT 2009

My tower has had a number of direct lightning strikes and I have never seen
a soldered connection fail.  I am assuming that Pete is referring to using
copper water pipe or refrigeration tubing as a ground conductor for his
shack and I find it hard to believe that a strike would raise the pipe
temperature to 400 degrees or so and melt the solder from the fittings.

John KK9A