[TowerTalk] TIC and TH-7

Doug Grant dougk1dg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 08:27:58 PDT 2009

WC1M wrote:

> I have a friend who did it. He put a spare piece of mast in the TIC cradle
> and used a couple of vertical pipes at either end to connect to the TH-7
> boom on either side of the central matching network. So, the mast lies
> horizontally in the cradle and the boom is mounted above it. The mast is
> about 5' or so long (enough to clear the central portion of the matching
> network). The pipes are maybe 8"-9". I think he just used u-bolts to make
> all the connections.

K1WHS had a problem with his tower (and possibly the rings) degrading
the performance of his 6M TIC-ring-mounted beams.

He came up with an ingenious out-of-the-box solution, suspending the
beams below the rings. There are photos at

http://www.directivesystems.com/50MHZ.htm

Something like this might work for your TH7.

73,

Doug K1DG