[TowerTalk] Amount of concrete in ground for Rohn 45G

Dave Johnson djohnson at windstream.net
Sat Aug 22 20:19:05 PDT 2009

Hey Cal,

In your post you included "guy wires" so that makes me think you are talking
about putting up a guyed tower.  If so, you don't really need any concrete.
There has recently been much written here on that subject.  If you just like
concrete and don't mind the cost, have at it but it would be a huge waste of
effort and money to use the amount you are talking about.  On second
thought, since you are in Florida, you could be going into some soft ground.
If that's the case, a little concrete would keep the tower from sinking.

Good luck,

Dave - K4SSU