[TowerTalk] Remove Tower Base

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sun Aug 23 12:45:02 PDT 2009

Mike wrote:
> Interesting stuff.
>
> What keeps it from simply expanding out of the hole? Gotta be less
> resistance there.

It hardens and expands unlike many building foams. OTOH ever use the
yellow foam around a door or window. If you haven't, don't <:-))  It may
expand out of the crack like crazy, but if the door or window was
fitting properly before, it's not going to open or close easily if at
all.  I mistakenly filled to space between the rough opening and the
door frame for the man door in our garage.  The door wouldn't budge
until I dug out the foam. OTOH the white, soft foam works great in those
spots.

"I think" the stuff for cracking concrete is like an epoxy that hardens
and then expands, or at least expands a lot after hardening. I noticed
in the one demonstration that none of it appeared to come up in the holes.

73

Roger (K8RI)