[TowerTalk] RG11 Cable

Carol Richards n2mm at comcast.net
Tue Aug 25 11:16:06 PDT 2009

After searching for many years for a source of CATV cable, the Gods must have been shining on me today. The local cable company had run a 300ft piece of line temporarily until they founf the problem. I asked for the cable and not only did they give it to me, but promised more each time they were in the area. The cable is 1/2 inch RG-11, foam with a quad shield. I have several questions and I hope the readers out there can help....

1. Could I use the crimp type PL-259 with this cable?
2. What is the best source for crimp connectors and crimping tool?
3. Since the cable is 75 ohm and all of my antennas are 50 ohm, how do I match this cable (easily) . I run legal limit.
4. Are there commercial transformers that will handle the power readily available?

Thanks,

Carol