[TowerTalk] stacked yagis

ac9s at mchsi.com ac9s at mchsi.com
Tue Aug 25 15:58:32 PDT 2009

I had a Skyhawk for a few years.  It worked very well electrically, but I lost it in an ice storm.  Bencher made a big deal of the antenna not needing a boom truss, but mine broke its back in the storm and a number of very close similar antennas (Th7, Mosley) made it through the same storm FB.  If I were to do a Skyhawk again I would add a boom truss.  By the way, I am on a 3 el Steppir now and consider it the equal of the Bencher with the advantage of all bands from 40 through 6.

Keith
AC9S