[TowerTalk] EHS vs Phillystran

N4NW n4nw at n4nw.org
Mon Aug 31 15:11:16 PDT 2009

Nat,

Take a look at Amsteel rope
http://www.samsonrope.com/index.cfm?rope=190

or Amsteel-Blue rope
http://www.samsonrope.com/index.cfm?rope=192

Just as strong as EHS guy wire and with the characteristics of Phillystran.

However, depending on how much you need and where you buy it the
price may be as much as Phillystran.

You can try contacting a vendor and see what they have in stock. I
have ordered from Ocean Products and was pleased with price of
various Dacron polyester ropes (they call it crab line) to support
wire antennas.

You can find them on the web: http://www.opr-rope.com/rope.htm

73's
Tom - N4NW