[TowerTalk] Philly installation

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 31 15:16:48 PDT 2009

bob finger wrote:
> Amen!!  .  Bending and twisting Rohn 25 trying to put enough tension on
> the guys can ruin a good day.  73 bob de w9ge
>
> Cqtestk4xs at aol.com wrote:
>
>> You do not need the heavy duty stuff!!!!! DO NOT use it.  You  can not
>> tension it to the proper tension as it will be pulling way too hard on  the Rohn
>> 25 tower.

Nothing says you have to tension the cable to a particular fraction of
it's breaking strength. It's more a matter of the desired tension for
appropriate stability for the structure.  You could tension million
pound breaking strength cable to the same few hundred pounds as the the
regular non-EHS cable.

Now, if the cable is particularly heavy (per unit length) compared to
the design cable, there are some issues, but I wouldn't think that's the
case here, comparing EHS and regular cables.