[TowerTalk] Tower Question

Bill Winkis kc4pe at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 5 05:10:23 PST 2009

The LM-70 is a crank up/tilt over type tower ./.. There is a motor
system that will run the tower up and down with a positive function both
ways, this is fine....
But when the tower is nested you  can tilt  the entire 24 foot nested
tower from vertical to horizontal for antenna repairs etc  ...

Right now the tilt over function is controlled by a friction brake 1500
pound Fulton crank. I want to replace the Fulton winch with a electric
winch/hoist  -

I have to change out some wires on a 4 element 5 band quad that is on
the tower right now so there will be a lot of jockeying with the tilt
over system thus a motor system would be so nice on the poor ole bod!!!!!

You can see all this at the bottom of

http://www.kc4pe.com/amateurshack.htm

Thanks,

-Bill