[TowerTalk] Fw: tower base question

Bill K2OWR k2owr at comcast.net
Thu Dec 10 08:01:27 PST 2009

:::: Thanks very much Joe, as well as the others.
 Your info told me just about everything I needed to know.

The last tower I put in we actually hit no significant rock, but that was in NJ, this is Tennessee.
Mike, WA2VUN, welded an enormous rebar cage that went in the hole that was 13'x13'x8'
I recall it took 2 full cement truck loads, which I think came to 15 yards or so (?)
It was 140' free standing military solid bar tower.
This little tower is a small project compared to that one!

Thanks again for the help.
Tower Talk is indeed a great resource.

BILL K2OWR