[TowerTalk] log periodic antennas

jim Jarvis jimjarvis at optonline.net
Tue Dec 15 12:13:41 PST 2009

As one who has a T10 log periodic and has wrung the last amount of performance out of this design I can truthfully say I have never had an out of band interference problem with it. With a good receiver I don't see how this could happen. But I'm an operator, not an engineer.  <snip>  73  Dave  W1CTN

-0-

To repeat my observation about log periodic antennas...  the problem with
intermod from out of band signals is a RECEIVER problem, not an antenna problem.

It IS true that a wideband antenna will exacerbate this receiver weakness.

With contemporary radios, I believe this entire consideration is moot.

It IS true that the bandscope in my PROII had an elevated baseline on 15m with the log,
and not with the steppIR.  But I never HEARD as much as a bleep of crossmod in
the main RX channel.

N2EA