[TowerTalk] ride up with the load

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Dec 17 18:43:32 PST 2009

Drax Felton wrote:
> Holy cow!  No wonder OSHA is so strict.

Ever see some of the "old" films up on sky scraper construction with
some one "riding the ball", 20 or 30 plus stories up and they weren't
even hooked to the cable.
> And $250 is a SWEET deal for a crane to do anything.

Ah, if I could get one for that.  They have to put the extension on
here, but that's not a problem because then can't make the turn from the
road into the driveway. Even if they could there is no place long enough
for them to lay out the boom and hook up the extension. 125' HyRanger is
about $1,100 to $1250 a day although I can get one for the week end at
the day rate. If it wasn't for the power lines they might be able to
work from the road.  So mine is a strictly climb it your self or hire a
climber(s)

73

Roger (K8RI).