[TowerTalk] Another source... was Re: aluminum tubing

Perry - K4PWO k4pwo at comcast.net
Fri Dec 18 14:36:10 PST 2009

Another source for aluminum.... your local awning supply house.  If you have
a commercial/residential awning shop located near you, they may have the
tubing you're looking for or be able to order it from their supplier at
lower shipping cost, plus it'll be 20 feet long.  This must be a custom
awning shop, not the factory made installer type shop.  They are also a good
place to get AL welded as their awning frames are typically aluminum and
they are equipped to "MIG" weld thin aluminum stock.  My local source gave
me a 15' piece of 2" OD , .25" wall tubing for free.  They typically use
6061-T6 but be sure to specify if they order for you!

73 de Perry - K4PWO