[TowerTalk] Gin pole

Patrick flymooney at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 18:32:17 PST 2009

Bill K2OWR wrote:
> :::: Anyone know where I can get a suitable 2" OD  .125 wall 6061 piece of aluminum tubing, 12' long to use for a gin pole?
> It needs to be within 100 miles of Knoxville TN so I can pick it up.

I could not find a piece of aluminum that was inexpensive so I just used
some steel from this place:

Triple S Steel Supply
4800 Beverly Road
Knoxville, TN  37918
(865) 687-1251

I talked to one of their salesmen and told him what I was doing. He
found a piece out in the warehouse that was a remnant of a bigger job
and sold it to me for $40.00. I used to to take down some Rohn SSV with
the heaviest section weighing in at about 500 pounds and it worked like
a charm (I used the kit from W9IIX).

Patrick Riggins, KA4ZNU