[TowerTalk] Isolated Mode Antenna Technology

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 20 07:46:56 PST 2009

Bill Aycock wrote:
> Thanks, Ed. It read like something put out just to say they had published,
> perhaps to "be on record".  It was obviously not a "Peer reviewed" thing. I
> wonder how the timing problem will be handled when one antenna is used for
> send and receive?
> Bill--W4BSG

More for marketing than "announcement of record"  (patent filings take
care of the latter quite nicely).

A lot of WLAN sorts of protocols are half duplex so you don't transmit
and receive simultaneously at one station.  The energy required to get
the information to the other end is the same (twice the power for half
the time)