[TowerTalk] Isolated Mode Antenna Technology

Steve Sacco NN4X nn4x at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 20 09:00:41 PST 2009

Jim -

Thanks for your thoughts.  I wish I had more to contribute, but being as
I'm not an antenna designer by education or trade, I can only offer what
my thoughts were when I posted that:

1) If you think in terms of wavelengths, typical Amateur stations are
not all that dissimilar, especially on 160 and 80 meters.

2) Propagation can and does vary, and there are definitely times when
you want to use an antenna providing peak at a higher/lower incoming angle.

3 As I was reading that article, my first thought was that it would be
interesting to have, say, a Delta Loop, and be able to tap it at
different points simultaneously, to (perhaps) take advantage of the
different characteristics.

73,
Steve
NN4X