[TowerTalk] Hy Tower

N7mal n7mal at citlink.net
Mon Dec 21 15:38:03 PST 2009

The common,  practice over the years, has been for multi-band verticals,
radial length is determined by the lowest operating frequency. In other
words if you're going to operate on 160m then the radials need to be at
least 127ft. If your lowest freq is 80m then your radials need to be a
minimum of 67ft. You don't really need any more ground rods but you do need
more radials. It has been my experience you can never get enough radials
under a hy-tower, but you should try to get at least 50.
Array Solutions makes a wide variety of switching/phasing systems for
verticals. I know a lot guys who are using the Array Solutions swear by
them. I have always built my own mainly because of the challenge of getting
it all to work.
before you put up your second hy-tower contact Array Solutions to see what
the spacing should be for their systems.....
Good Luck your fun is just beginning.....
73

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ