[TowerTalk] OT: 2m Repeater needed asap

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Dec 26 18:49:17 PST 2009

scottw3tx at verizon.net wrote:
> My local emcomm club needs a backup repeater right away.

Over the years we've used a pair of 100-125 Watt Motorola mobiles along
with various 2-meter ham rigs.  We use the squelch to control the COR.
We've also used commercial and home made controllers of various
complexities.   One thing to remember is the ham rigs will normally have
much greater sensitivity on receive and thus more problems with
desense.  These were normally used with 6 cans.

73

Roger (K8RI)