[TowerTalk] Lead-free solder (was Off-Brand Connectors and Adapters)

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Feb 5 23:31:11 EST 2009

That's fine, but what I was talking about is lead free
electronic components.  They don't want to take solder,
whether leaded or leadfree solder.  It sounds like you
are talking about Stay-Brite solder, which was always
lead free.  I have been using it for years outdoors.
The problem with Stay-Brite is that the melting temperature
is 100 degrees C higher than 63/37 Sn/Pb solder.  That
will really exacerbate the problem of melting plastic.

Rick N6RK