[TowerTalk] The best tools avail: Stripper/Cutters/Nipper/Crimpers/Trimmers

Steve Davis -Davis RF Co. sdavis at davisrf.com
Sat Feb 7 11:56:03 EST 2009

Hi folks,

Recently there was a TT Thread inquiry about coax cable strippers.
Associated with stripping is

"clean/concentric result" cutting and braid trimming.  Also crimping.

Previously I  searched high and low for the best tools available; and we
have them.

STRIP TOOL:  ONE STEP, no changing blades or reinserting the coax, etc.,
three blade, quick, clean cuts and the blades last almost forever.  Used in
production lines.  LESS COST ($ 12 less for the Large one)  vs the other,
2nd best brand, formerly  thought the best available.

   NOTE:  formerly our mfr. made one for all cables up to .405" OD.  Just
recently they must have hired a marketing major as now they are selling 2
models:

The "Small Stripper":   One model is now for "small cables", 3 blades :
does 8X,  RG's: 58, 58a, 58c, 55, 55a , 59, 59b, 71, 62, 223, 142, 142b,
400, 303, LMR's: 195, 200,240, etc , and all others, .195" OD  up to .240"
OD .  $ 26.00 each

The "Large Stripper" one, 3 blades, for 8X , RG's: 6, 8,11, 59, 59b, 62,
213, Bury-Flex T, 9913, 9913F7,9092, etc. , all Cable OD's   .240"   up to
.405".

         $ 29.00 each ($ 12 less than the 2nd best type on market.)

Either stripper does RG-59, RG-6 and 8X.

Both are ONE STEP, no changing blades or reinserting the coax, etc.  There
is an easy adjustment, with supplied/carried by the stripper, alan wrench,
when some cut depths need to be varied depending on the coax type.

 Note:  For pictures of any tools herein, or questions, please see last line
below before contacting me.  Tnx.

Cable cutters:

 Excellent, stainless steel, I've had one for many years and it isn't at all
dull.  Made in Italy.  Your cable cut ends up concentric, important to the
physics of the electrical characteristics.

SMALL JAW SIZE:  8X , RG's:6, 196,178,316,RG58, 223,142, 400, etc.   LMR's:
195/200/240

and any cable up to .240" OD ):         $  8.95

LARGE JAW SIZE:    Bury-Flex T, LMR400, 9913, 9913F7, 9914,RG's:
6,62,/8/9/213/214/11.   9913//9096/9086/FSJ-1/4, LDF4,  and ALL OD's to MAX
.4155 INCH

Stripper for LMR-600:

TIMES  stripper:   I believe that we have the best price available, to my
best knowledge unless you have a large discount from Times or another one of
their suppliers. Unfortunately, there is no alternative to this product,
that I know of:

           ST-600C ST Tools   Prep tool for LMR-600 CLAMP style
  Times  connectors   20% OFF TIMES LIST !!:  *DAVIS RF PRICE:

 $  88.00 ea *

            ST-600EZ ST Tools  Prep tool for LMR-600 CRIMP (EZ type)
 Times connectors    20% OFF TIMES LIST !!:   * DAVIS RF PRICE:

$  78.89 ea  *

All above prices not including UPS ship charges.  No S&H charges (Note: all
orders for tools must go to my attention at my #, not to the 800 #).  Prices
good 30 days or longer if our costs remain the same (likely will for a
while).

NOTE:  the large coax stripper, the small cutter, and the Times LMR 600
stripper, have been purchased from us by a prominent member on this
reflector. If you want his reference, let me know and I will ask his
permission to note him, off the reflector, or to make a copy of any
reference he may want to provide direct to me.

 Suffice it to say, I sell no product unless I am sure that it will highly
satisfy an astute ham or commercial entity (and if you 'ain't astute', then
I will try to help you.... HI HI)

    Contact me if interested.  I can send you pics of the above items .
Please  bear with me as may take me a couple days to respond...where this
isn't on our web site yet to check out, email backup will occur.

          Need a crimper tool with changeable die sizes??  We've got the
best, production quality, at lowest price.

 73,   Steve ,  K1PEK,

DAVIS RF Co.,  Div. of Orion Wire Co., Inc.

Wire, Cable, RF Connectors and wire aerial parts.   LMR, Heliax, Eupen

Commercial / Military / & Custom Cable Design

tel:  978-369-1738     Fax:  978-369-3484
www.DavisRF.com