[TowerTalk] This Company's LMR-400 Equiv.

Tony Brock-Fisher barockteer at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 08:00:38 EST 2009

I bought 100' of the Jefa 400 cable through eBay. The polyethelyne jacket is a bit stiffer than 9913. The loss is as quoted, measured using my miniVNA. Preparing the ends for soldering is a bit difficult without using a special tool, as the foil is bonded to the PE insulation. If you need a low-loss low-cost cable for a long straight run that doesn't flex, I'd say Jefa is good stuff. The company is excellent to deal with. Stay away from their PL-259's though, they are teflon but NOT silver plated.

Tony, K1KP