[TowerTalk] Tower library

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 15 12:43:34 EST 2009

K7LXC at aol.com wrote:
> Howdy, TowerTalkians --
>
>     There are several books that you should have for  your tower library.
> Probably the best one is a Rohn catalog. I don't think they  publish the books
> anymore but you can get it on cd or the catalog is online in a  couple of
> places. You can use the info to make educated guesses about other  towers besides
> Rohn.
>
>     Another one is Physical Design of Yagi Antennas by  Dr. Dave Leeson,
> W6NL, ex-W6QHS. Unfortunately it's been out of print for awhile  but I saw where
> there are a couple available on amazon.com. And you won't  believe the prices -
>  a new one is going for $179.50 and a couple of used  ones are $159.10!
> Unbelievable. You can also get a "collectible" copy for  $300.00! Maybe the ARRL
> can be coerced to make another print run if there's  enough interest.

Another resource, online and free, is Sophocles Orfanidis's texbook
"Electromagnetic Waves and Antennas" at

http://www.ece.rutgers.edu/~orfanidi/ewa/

While it ain't Kraus, it's pretty useful. It has some real handy
appendices, and if you have Matlab or Octave (the latter being free),
there's a whole toolbox full of useful routines to calculate stuff
(including Yagi designs).

Jim, W6RMK