[TowerTalk] PayPal As a Method of Payment for Tower Parts, etc.

Michael Goins wmgoins at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 13:54:33 EST 2009

Again, my issue with them is a little different.

I've been buying stuff from other hams for 33 years, have used paypal
a lot, and I have been burned only once - and that was on some stereo
gear from a ham wannabe who never got a ticket.

I have used paypal for a lot of years and have maintained a 100%
rating. Eventually, I used up the 10K of buying I could do with a
credit card and they wanted me to link to a bank account. I finally
decided to do this (against my better judgement) and provided them the
necessary data. They misentered it and then could not verify as the
account number was wrong (their fault).

Now they want me to use a different account because of their error,
and I refuse to do so. Their mistake, their stupid rule about not
using an account that they could not verify, and they won't allow me
to continue using the same very valid credt card I have used for a lot
of years with them.

Dumb business practices on their part, and I won't use them any longer.

Michael Goins, k5wmg
Professor, Writing
University of Texas at San Antonio
Please do not print this e-mail unless it is completely necessary