[TowerTalk] F Now Mast Insertion Depth

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Tue Feb 17 02:14:17 EST 2009

Yep - antennas always seem to involve compromises.... but in this
case MY WIFE has issued an edict concerning holes in the roof.

I am luckier than most hams - that is the ONLY stipulation she has
ever placed on my ham radio installation.  She even helped dig the
cable trench to my Vertical last fall and is always on the other end
of the rope when I pull up a dipole... so, I guess this is one "antenna
compromise"  I can accept.

As always, thanks for the feedback comments.

Sidebar =  What do you think of one using a 9 foot roof tower on the
ground (maybe with some appropriate cement footings) to hold a
a "groundless" vertical such as the AV-640 at a safe height from
the marauding children and other neighborhood pests?  Possibly
structural overkill maybe - but they look easy to erect and install
would certainly be sturdy enough for the task, eh?