[TowerTalk] Luso towers

Michael OBrien k0myw at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 17 21:12:05 EST 2009

I was intrigued by the ad for Luso towers in the March issue of QST. I'd never heard of the company before.

So I checked out the Web address in the ad (www.luso.us) and from there was led to some YouTube videos that the company put up this week. One of the videos demonstrates the smooth operation of their crank-up mechanism by placing a filled wine glass atop a lowered tower and then not spilling a drop while raising it to full height.

Does anybody have any firsthand knowledge of Luso? It appears to be a Japanese outfit.

I'm not in the market (I have a US Tower HDX-555) but am just curious...

Mike, K0MYW