[TowerTalk] Tower Collapse - New Kensington, PA @ K3MJW

WA3GIN wa3gin at comcast.net
Wed Feb 18 22:17:34 EST 2009

Yup...I know.  I took down 100ft of Rohn 25 for an old timer. He had a pair of stacked 8 element 2m beams on top and under them a Cushcraft A3. The tower was guided with aluminum ground wire at the 75ft and 50ft level. Nothing else. It was up for about 20yrs...you could pull on the aluminum wire and the entire tower would move...scary!

Well I hope the club gets a new tower and has another good 50 years.

Happy Anniversary,
dave
wa3gin