[TowerTalk] Radial material choice and effect

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Thu Feb 19 21:55:09 EST 2009

Don't worry about cutting to a particular exact length, Bill,
as the lossy earth will detune them anyway.   Maybe you wanna
cut them for a bit longer than your target length, just to make
sure you d not make them too short, but cutting for wave length
is futile without extensive testing, and lots of knowledge of the
earth type, capacitance, reactivity,  etc, all beyond my comprehension
other than to know for sure it is rather difficult to tune them on
the ground without lots of experimentation and data.

Good luck.   Sounds like a great use for that old wire!