[TowerTalk] Idiom Press RotorCard DXA Installation

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Mon Feb 23 11:00:34 EST 2009

It could be a failure.  I ordered my kit for the HAM-II with the
RS-232 option, built and installed it and it worked from the front
panel correctly, but when I got around to trying to control it from
the RS232 port, it didn't work.  It turns out my uprocessor was
incompleteley programmed, but I had to pay for a new one, since I'd
not checked it out sooner.

OTOH, it could be your command sequence- try LP-ROTOR as a simple
stand-alone program that should drive it.  It's available on N8LP's
web site, www.telepostinc.com

73, doug

   Message: 2
   Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:40:26 -0500
   From: "mrlogs" <mrlogs at verizon.net>

   Hi,
     I tried installing my new Rotorcard DXA into my Yaesu 1000DXA controller today. I hooked it up to my PC thru a Belkin Serial to USB connector. I know the connector work's as I use it for another serial input..this was off and no software opened & the PC had been restarted..

   I used Windows Hyperterminal for the terminal program...I set it at 4800 baud, etc, per the instructions..Com port 4 is what I used..

   Next, I hooked the PC board up to the controller & Serial to USB connector..plugged the controller in, typed a capital "V" per instructions, got all the copyright info, then typed the capital "K" per instructions..got the repeating numbers in Hyperterminal..and adjusted everything to "270 deg and "90 deg"" per the instr. (I had rotated the controller manually to "270 deg and 90 deg" as I calibrated it)..

   I tried ending the calibration program by typing a small "k"..nothing I typed would show up in Hyperterminal

   I tried testing the rotor function by typing AP1030;AM!; per the instr.  wouldn't do anything, nothing I typed showed up in Hyperterminal

   I redid it all (after restarting  the PC..and starting over..nothing I typed show's up in Hyperterminal...I checked the Device Mgr in Control Panel for Com Port 4..it's working and set up @ 4800 baud, etc too & it say's it's working OK..

   What am I missing..or is the RotorCard DXA sorta DOA?

   Any ideas?........Thanks in advance for any & all help..

				  73'.          Tom  N3ZC