[TowerTalk] Rohn 45G - Swaged or welded sleeves on legs ??

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Thu Feb 26 09:50:20 PST 2009

In a message dated 2/26/2009 6:30:19 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  For a short time, Nello manufactured some 45G knockoffs that  were swaged.
It
didn?t last long, since the swaging was poorly done and the  sections had to
be sucked together using a come along. I had to build one  of these on a
church rooftop, and really had to try hard not to scream  obscenities from
the top of the tower while building it. Hope this thing  never has to be
taken apart.

    Amen to that. I erected some Nello 45N as well.  What a pain in the butt.
I had to use TWO comealongs AND a TowerJack on  one section. That section'll
never come apart.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH