[TowerTalk] radials

k4fj at aol.com k4fj at aol.com
Mon Jul 13 14:18:16 PDT 2009

I am planning a 160M vertical with radials.? I am looking for a device that will attach to my tractor's 3 point hitch and cut a narrow and shallow slit in the ground.? I know Verizon using something similar but it also feeds the wire in the trench and it is?deeper than what I desire.

I understand about laying radials on the ground and letting grass grow over them so they disappear.? I have done that and it works when you have grass or vegetation to grow.? The area I am planning to work has little vegetation so I want to lay the wire in a shallow slit and tack it down with lawn staples or similar.? I do not want the radial wire laying on the surface.

Please advise if you know of a tractor implement or other device?that may meet my needs.? I could use my old suburban edger with a batch of blades but that isn't a lot of fun in Virginia summer heat, but it is a backup plan.

The shallow slit could be one to two inches and make me really happy.

73, Steve, k4fj