[TowerTalk] scariest repairs

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Jul 17 17:19:07 PDT 2009

jim Jarvis wrote:
> The N7NV analysis is impressive.
>
> Tower deflection is attributed largely to guy stretch.

my 100', 45G with30' of mast out the top holding a TH-5 tribander at
100', 7L C3i 6-meter antenna at 115' and a cross boom at 130' holding 2,
11L 44 and 2 12L 144 antennas.  The top of the mast with the 4 antennas
looks like a bluegill flyrod that just tied into a record breaking
bass.  A transit only shows a couple of inches of tower movement.  6000#
test Phyllistran at the top with 4400# test at roughly 36 and 70'
tensioned to 600# and 440# respectively.

73

Roger (K8RI)