[TowerTalk] Fwd: Aluminum tower oxidation removal.

hanslg at aol.com hanslg at aol.com
Mon Jul 27 08:36:19 PDT 2009

Hi Tim,

Personally I think you should leave the oxidation alone as long as it doesn't block anything or make it impossible to assemble the tower.

You always have a oxide layer on aluminum. That's what makes it resistant to corrosion. I
?
would definitely not recommend any treatment with acid as (my experience) you never can fully remove the recidues from the acid and will run the risk of harmful oxidation after that. Absolutely stay away from hydroflouric acid. That (again my experience. Had a hydroflouric?acid burn that lasted for months.) is very hard to remove.

73 de Hans, N2JFS